Support for different types of communities:
Developments that contribute towards building communities:
- Southern History and Culture
- Metadata standards that are richer than DC
- Adaptation of workflow models to different communities
- Development of controlled vocabularies and thesauri
- Personal OAI (e.g., Kepler) vs. group-based OAI (e.g., E-Prints)
- Definition of community-specific selective harvesting mechanisms e.g. sets
- Social aspects of developing OAI-based community projects
Services enabled by the OAI protocol:
- Experiences from implementation
- Support for internationalization
- Correctness of implementations: XML, character sets, etc.
- Changes that could be suggested to improve on the protocol: date
granularity, sets for each identifier, etc.
- Complementary protocols to satisfy existing/future needs
Support for protocol adoption:
- What is the state of the art in service provision ?
- How can the OAI protocol be leveraged to provide more interesting
- Support for full-text retrieval
- What technical support is necessary to support protocol adoption ?
- Controlled vocabularies: rights management
- Replication for high-visibility archives