Recommendations on Distance Learning - 3/19/96 draft
- Virginia Tech should increase its level of effort and investment
in distance learning.
- Virginia Tech should better coordinate distance learning activities,
with the dual objectives of
sharing resources and facilities, and
- formulating and
working toward a common goal.
- Virginia Tech should provide additional incentives, as part
of the reward structure and through special teaching/learning grants, to
faculty to work toward high quality distance learning.
- Virginia Tech should develop special evaluation methods and instruments
for distance learning courses, and these should be employed in
connection with faculty evaluation and review.
- Virginia Tech should develop a support structure for distance education,
providing special assistance to faculty who are developing and teaching
distance learning courses.
- Virginia Tech should actively pursue joint ventures with
other institutions (e.g., universities, government agencies, and
private sponsors) in the field of distance education.
For more information see WWW page
Please send firstname.lastname@example.org comments and
suggestions about this form and the recommendations included.